Convocatoria a Director Ejecutivo de la FIRS
14 de agosto de 2016
Convocatoria exclusiva para miembros ACTIVOS de ALAT.
Executive Director of the Forum of International Respiratory Societies
The Executive Director is the CEO of the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) and responsible for overall management of FIRS activities under the guidance of the FIRS General Assembly. He or she will maintain and foster relationships with all relevant organizations working in lung health. The Executive Director will work closely with the Executive Committee and the General Assembly of FIRS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the FIRS General Assembly to develop and implement FIRS’ strategic direction
- Provide advice in the development and implementation of lung health policies and strategic directions for FIRS
- Develop and implement FIRS advocacy strategy within the framework of the Decade of the Lung campaign
- Implement FIRS work plan as approved by its General Assembly including
- Preparation of specific tasks and budgets
- Liaise closely with FIRS members to prepare documents and social media messages for World Days
- Develop and coordinate pilot projects
- Review and evaluate FIRS activities
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the FIRS Executive Committee and General Assembly
- Enable effective FIRS meetings including organization and document preparation for;
- General Assembly meetings
- Working Group meetings on non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- FIRS side events at international meetings including UN High Level Meetings
- Conference calls
- Other meetings as assigned by the FIRS Executive Committee and General Assembly
- Ensure appropriate Staff and Secretariat functioning including;
- Supervision of FIRS staff and consultants
- Develop effective internal controls and information management systems
- Enable effective communication tools for members, staff, stakeholders and the public
- Ensure fiscal and budgetary accountability including;
- Assuming responsibility for resource mobilization based on FIRS fund raising policy
- Presenting financial statements to the General Assembly
- Ensure effective communications with external stakeholders including;
- Collaboration with WHO CRD Department and joint activities
- Representing FIRS at international meetings
- Building partnerships with other organizations working in lung and public health to foster collaborative projects
- Liaison with other organizations, such as World Health Organization, Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, educational institutions, funding agencies, foundations, and Ministries of Health
Call for applications:
You are invited to consider applying for an Executive Director role with the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS).
This is a part time position with remuneration of USD 50,000.-- per annum, in accordance with Swiss Law.
FIRS (www.firsnet.org) aims to promote advocacy in matters of global respiratory health and the identification of new areas for global initiatives
The Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) was established in 2001, with members coming from a number of international societies, including Asociación Latinoamericana del Thorax (ALAT), the American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST), the American Thoracic Society (ATS), the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR), the European Respiratory Society (ERS), the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), the Pan African Thoracic Society (PATS).
Are you eligible for the role?
The roles and responsibilities of the position are listed in the role description.
A selection panel will assess your qualifications and suitability for the role.
If shortlisted, you will be required to attend an interview, either by person or by videolink
There is no restriction on the residential location for the position but access to secure communications and the unfettered ability to travel internationally will be required.
How to apply?
You will need:
- A cover letter detailing why you are the best person for the job and how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role (maximum 2 pages).
- 1 one page biosketch
- Names and contact details of two (2) referees; where possible, your referees should be current or previous employers, managers or supervisors who can comment on your recent performance in the workplace. The selection panel will contact referees that you have nominated and may ask for alternatives.
This call for application closes September 15, 2016. Late applications are accepted at the discretion of the FIRS selection panel.
Please contact Dr Thomas Ferkol, Ferkol_T@kids.wustl.edu
Please forward applications with supporting documents to:
Ms Betty Sax, firstname.lastname@example.org